Sunday, February 28, 2010

Soulful Sunday



We all have what if thoughts and as a mom those what if's seem to multiply at a rapid pace. What if my sweet baby falls and bumps her head on the table, what if her fever spikes in the middle of the night, what if the cold is more than just a cold, what if she grows up and joins a traveling freak show and I never see her again (OK, that last one is a little out there, but still)...the list goes on and on. Anxiety can quickly take over common sense, and trust can fly out the window. This is one area that I struggle with. As my auntie Carol says, worrying (among other comical things, that will remain nameless, for now) is in our lineage! We were born to worry! But seriously, why all the worry. At the end of the day, when all the prep work is complete, we need to let go of the things we can't control and trust God that he is big enough to smooth it all out. The song in the above link is Safe and Sound, by Mercy Me. It is a good reminder to find comfort and peace in God's perfect love. We may not understand the peaks and valleys of our life, but God does.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6.

2 comments:

  1. So true! Why should we worry when God is in control? Love Proverbs 3:5-6, it's one of my favorites!

    Hugs & Love,
    Auntie Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts here, April! I struggle with worry waaay more than I should. God is big enough to take care of every situation that life throws our way. I need to remember that!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!