Thursday, February 25, 2010

The "Sick Toy"

Mom's feel better list was always Sprite with crushed ice and a straw, sick toast ( toast lightly buttered, cut into fours), and the famous sick toy. A "Sick Toy" is a toy my mom would buy us when we were home sick. Most often the toy was from the pharmacy, and was a small trinket or coloring book, etc.

Today I was treated with a "sick toy", in the form of a wonderful bath cube for cold and sinus and Burt's Bees hand cream.
As you know I have been sick with a crazy sinus infection for the past week. This is the fourth sinus infection in one year! I finally got into see the good doc. today we are taking steps to solve this crazy year of sinus trouble. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it all very soon.

It is always nice to receive a gift, but I think it is even better to give one. So, to continue the tradition of the "sick toy", I bought this cute little book set for Elise.
 She has had a bit of a cold lately too, and I will take any excuse to buy her a present! She's not spoiled, not at all! Wink, wink!

Some things never change, and I have to admit, I am glad the sick toy is still going strong! Thanks to my wonderful mom for taking care of both me and Elise the past few days!

3 comments:

  1. Bless you hearts, you've had a rough winter! Hope you get well soon! I love the "sick toys"!

    Hugs & Love,
    Auntie Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have been so sick, April :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute and heart felt entry today. Here's to the sick toy! hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!