Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Product Recall News

Just in case you have not heard, here is a link to the FDA on recent product recalls. The recall is on many Children's and Infant's liquid products. We had two on the list, one of which we had given to Elise (4 doses) a few weeks back when she had a fever all weekend. Quality Control issues are bound to happen with any product, but this really set me off! We give the medicine to help improve the condition, and something like this happens that could do more harm than good. It is frightening enough dealing with kids and fever. We make sure and measure out the precise does, then struggle with the little patient to get them to take the medication, and now add worry that what we just administered may be off spec! Just had to vent a little on this one.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Kam has been teething and we have been administering medicine. Considering this isn't a cheap product and I might be poisoning my child just frustrates me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!