It has been about four years since my sewing machine has seen the light of day. Hubby bought the sewing machine for our second anniversary, because I just knew I would become a master seamstress and kept hinting at buying one. My motivation lasted a few months, and ended with a disastrous t-shirt attempt! Up until the t-shirt project, I had successfully made a few pillows, hemmed curtains, nothing major. I don't know what I was thinking when I set out to sew a t-shirt, but I tried and failed miserably! This past weekend I decided to put my basic sewing skills to use and make a valance for Elise's bathroom. I found some old fabric, and ribbon, and started piecing it all together.
Here is the final result.
It's not perfect, but I had fun and best of all, it did not cost anything to make.
For my next trick, I am going to make some pillow shams to go with our new DwellStudio coverlet from Target.